Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hoppy Easter

I have always loved Easter and not only because a big fuzzy bunny that allegedly comes and hides candy all around my house when I am sleeping but because it is a time of gratitute for my Savior. I love knowing that the Savior gave his life for me, for us, because he loved us! I know that he died for us so we could live again and I know that he is risen and lives now! I am so grateful for that knowledge.

This Easter our family decided to celebrate by staying in Edmonton and have a quiet holiday. Unfortunately because Edmonton still looks like this...




we couldn't really have an easter egg hunt in our back yard so on Friday we went to a place called Prairie Gardens and had an Easter celebration. There we had an Easter egg hunt in a greenhouse with face painting and crafts and an outdoor petting zoo. The kids had a ball.
Aside from the yucky, snowy/mucky conditions it was a fantastic Friday afternoon and the first of five Easter egg hunts for the kids.

Sunday afternoon Patrick's parents decided to come up and spend Easter dinner with us which was a good thing because the kids and I made too many Easter cupcakes to eat all by ourselves!
(The orange balls on top are supposed to be carrot tops coming out of the top of the garden. We had a couple of mishaps but I thought they still turned out pretty good.)
It has been a great weekend but it sure makes us realize how much we miss all of our family that is spread out all over this country. We sure miss all of you and love you! HAPPY EASTER!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun Easter for all of you!!!! You look wonderful...We had fun too...Uncle Peter an I talked with our grandbabies way up north...That was way fun!!! Enjoy the rest of your Easter time ...We sure love you Uncle Peter and Aunt Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures. Reminds me of Calassantii's. I am very grateful for Jesus and how he died for us too. Looks like fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim
    Looks like you had such a great time. We sure missed you here. It was a wonderful gathering and we were so happy to host it. Easter is such a wonderful occasion for family. We had a super fun time at Aunt Heathers. One which the grand kids will remember for years to come. It was great that they could spend the night . We had a fun time, although it was so cold on |Good Friday....going to feed the geese at Miners with Tyler and Landon. Happy Happy Easter to each and every one of you. We love You!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such a fun weekend, Kim! I love Dillon's necklace! I can't believe how much snow you have still! Yikes! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete