Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cool Runnings

I can finally relate to how the Jamacains felt when they got off the plane in Calgary for the 1988 Olympics.

When we got off the plane last night to all that fresh snow and wind and cold temperatures, I thought we were going to die. After being in weather that never got lower than 25 degrees Celcius it was devastating to come home to all that snow. I looked at Patrick and he looked at me and we both sighed.

Don't get me wrong, we are happy to be home but we sure miss the warm weather, the family time and all the adventure that Florida provided! One of the things that I missed the most this morning was the birds chirping outside my window. (Couple more weeks, right?!?!?!)

Yes it is cold but at least it is fairly mild and it is even supposed to be above zero by the weekend. It's no +25 but it is way better than -25. 

1 comment:

  1. Well....did you get to sit together on the plane?...We drove up the hill in our little subdivision and realized we all walked it just yesterday!! 24 hours can change everything...miss you ...tell the kids we miss them too...and Patrick....,love,us

    ReplyDelete