Monday, June 25, 2012

Soccer

This year I had the opportunity to coach Dillon's soccer team which turned out to be one of the highlights of my year!

I am not going to lie and say that I am a huge soccer enthusiast and that I know everything there is to know about the game but I figured I could do an OK job for a bunch of 5 & 6 year olds.

I had players who had obviously played before and were quite confident on the field and others that were still trying to figure out the rules of the game. Some players had never played the game before and quite often would score on our goal because they couldn't figure out which way we were going. And I had one little boy who was so painfully shy that he would not step foot on the field for the first game. I really had to work with him, holding his hand and running with him up and down the field. Over time my strong players got stronger and my new players got the rules all figured out while that shy little boy ended up running from one end of the field to the other without my assistance. That was one of the proudest moments of the season.

These kids taught me a lot and I will miss them so much. Mostly I am grateful of the time I got to spend with Dillon. What great memories we made!








2 comments:

  1. Way to go!!! That would not be an easy task!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Kim and Dillon!!! We also super enjoyed our first soccer season!!! YAY to being soccer moms!!!

    ReplyDelete