Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Adventures of Peter Pan

This week is Leah's 8th birthday, a very big day in our house. As most of you know, we take birthdays very seriously and like to go way out on our special day but when I asked Leah what she wanted for her birthday this year she simply replied "I don't need a party because I am getting baptised and that is present enough".

I was very impressed with her answer but I still felt the need to do something for her as a family so I bought her tickets to see the play Peter Pan. We didn't tell either of the kids where we were going, we just told them to dress up and get in the car.  They were so excited!

When we got to the theatre they realized what they were going to see and they couldn't contain the excitement. Minutes later I looked over at Dillon and he turned a few shades of green, leaned over the garbage can and tossed his cookies. My heart sank, I felt terrible for him and for Leah, the play was supposed to start in 30 minutes and Dillon was sick. When I started to put his coat on him to take him home her immediately perked up and said he felt much better "let's got watch Peter fly!" So with a little hesitation we found our seats in the theatre. Five minutes before curtain Dillon leaned forward and threw up everywhere (my coat caught most of it).  Patrick and Leah got to enjoy the play while I took my little sickie home. What an adventure.

Happy Early Birthday Leah!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Dillon! Hope everyone is feeling better. Wish we could be there this weekend!

    ReplyDelete