Saturday, February 19, 2011

Just a Hobby

A couple years ago I decided to get into cake decorating just for fun. I have always loved making cakes for my kids birthdays but I wanted to learn some of the more challenging techniques. So I decided to do some research and learn the craft of cake decorating.

After many hours of experimentation I have learned a lot and really enjoy myself. My family even enjoys helping me wherever they can.

Last week a friend asked me to make her a cake for her daughter's 2nd birthday. She wanted something that had a safari theme but pretty much let me take creative licence in designing the cake. This is what I came up with.

5 comments:

  1. It's beautiful....lots of creative talent there....Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this one, Kim! So perfect for a girly safari theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I love it and I bet she did too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim,
    When are you opening your own shop. You are so talented....It's adorable. You are making our 40th Kim....I just hired you!

    ReplyDelete